Monday, February 16, 2009

Pigeons - Virgin Spectacle LP


The first post...

This record was one of the first I decided to put on my computer from my turntable. It's been on regular rotation since the day I first heard it and easily topped my list of last year's best. Virgin Spectacle, is a beautiful collection of melancholy cosmic pop songs in an electro-affected Francais style; not unlike the spacier moments of the whole Brigitte Fontaine/Areski-axis, but also with nods to VU and diy synth pop. Edition of 500 hand silk-screened copies. Total sunday morning jam
. Enjoy!

link :
http://www.mediafire.com/?mtfdm0kzyzm


3 comments:

  1. Wow - thanks so much for posting this. Just discovered this band and love their sound, but was afraid I wouldn't be able to hear this. Many thanks.

    ReplyDelete